Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Sun the traitor

I was wondering why I dont feel like I am in my own skin. Somehow I have the natural sense for orientation and I feel where the north is. Something like the moss on the trees which covers the north side of the trunk. Now I know. The sun is the reason. While in the northern hemisphere the sun runs from the left to the right in the southern part of the globe it has opposite direction. Even the elevation of the sun makes you feel that it is still 4 o clock pm because Torres del Paine is not far from the arctics.
Hint: There is the bus running to the park once a day. 12000 CLP for round trip from Punta Natales. Entrance fee to the park is 15000 CLP. Despite it is low season this is the best time of the year to enjoy the clear air and multi-colored nature. It is middle of the april, the fall season of the southern hemisphere. There are free campgrounds in the park and the level of difficulty, I would say 3 out of 5 to reach the Torres. Make sure you will use the time proven shoes by you for hiking. You dont wanna end up with bloody blisters like me.

No comments: