Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finaly on the road.

No no. It didnt take me 4 months to move my ass, but while 2 months ago I was discovering the mystic voodoo island Siquijor of the Philippines, now finaly after long journey I can enjoy the taste of cold draft beer in Santiago de Chile. The journey begins in this modern city full of young people studying at the universities. Here I realized that level of my spanish literacy is below zero. The bus driver operating on the route between the city and the airport had understood 'dos ticketos' instead of me saying 'Los heroes' :) so I ended up paying 2 x 1400 chilean pesos.

Hint: Dont get yourself to be fooled at the airport by taxi drivers. You will barely notice, but there is local infodesk. Even though the sweet lady has no sign around the desk, not a computer or the phone on, not even a free map or any sort of prints and she doesnt even speak english but with her effort to give me the right info made me feel that this is going to be my 'experiencia graciosa' :)

No comments: